Here are two embroidery projects I’ve just finished.
I thought a nautilus was perfect for the smaller hoop and loved the patterns on the shell which I tried to recreate. I used a running stitch and split stitch for this project and I focused in on the details and colours of the threads.
I love how the seahorse came out. I was going for my own design with the patterns, but kept the colours within the same family on its body. I love the gold thread but it is kind of awkward to stitch with, so just added a little to create dimension and interest. I looked at a lot of seahorse pictures and never really noticed before their spines or ridges which I found fascinating. I decided to go for opposite colours that were quite bright for some plants to give the image a nice balance.
I also tried some different stitches with this project, including whipped running stitch, coral stitch and a few stem stitches which I find good for curves. I think these two will look great with my other sea themed pieces, although I am still unpacking from moving house and I’ve been ill with some virus! Feeling better today so I hope to be back to full health pronto!
Going to plan my next project and practice new stitches!